There is nothing quite as magical as birth. But with all the excitement and the whirl of emotions, we tend to forget things. We forget to pack things we should have packed and we forget moments and emotions as time passes. Here are a few tips from all of us at The People Picture Company to help you remember…
1. If you’re thinking about hiring a photographer to capture the first moment you see your child, start inquiring three months before your due date. Schedule an in-person consultation and request to see their work. Ask questions!
2. Understand your birth photography package and what is and is not included. When will your photographer be there and for how long? What happens if you go into labor at 1am? What do you want photographed? What do you not want photographed?
3. Consider having a maternity shoot with your birth-photographer. This will give you more time to get to know them and to develop a comfortable relationship.
4. Pack your overnight bag early and keep it by the door. Don’t forget to include a phone charger (your phone will explode with congratulatory texts and calls), hairbrush (who doesn’t like to have their hair brushed and be a little pampered!? Plus it’ll help you feel a little more put-together after birth and in front of a camera), and baby’s first hat (match the nursery colors or bring one of the cute hats you received at your baby shower).
5. Schedule a memory package (newborn, 6 month, and 1 year). Newborn photos are typically done within the first two weeks after birth, so you’ll want to contact your photographer within the first couple days of your child’s life.
Visit our website to learn about our birth photography packages and to contact us.